Saturday, March 22, 2014

Late Night Art Sessions

The past couple of nights my 4 year old son has been waking around midnight and insisting on drawing.
 
Most days it can be a bit of a struggle to get him to sit still long enough to draw pictures with me, so I've been quite surprised. I know there is no point trying to force him back to bed, he'd certainly dig his heels in and then stay awake for hours if I did! (Trust me!...he has the will power to do that!) 

I've decided to keep a little table set up for drawing and simply let him.
He draws, has a little chat with me and curls up on the lounge, eventually dropping off to sleep again.
I wonder how long these late night art sessions will last?



From left to right, me, himself and daddy....and before we all get too excited, no!...we don't have any exciting baby news, apparently that's him in my tummy too? (It's art...who am I to question it? hehe.) Oh, and his and daddy's sad faces are because "they aren't allowed to climb up on top of the roof, because they might crack their heads!" (safety first!)

I love the detail he added. Glasses for himself and me, a moustache and beard for daddy, and I look like I have very short hair, because it's pulled back into a ponytail. (The classic mummy hair-do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment