Saturday, February 8, 2014

A Good Idea

I love doing creative activities with my son.
I must admit that that sometimes I find it difficult to come up with the ideas. T
here have been times when almost the entire day has slipped away before a bright idea has hit me....so, when I found an activity/photo challenge at the beginning of this year I jumped right in!!! I loved that the initial idea was done for me and all I had to do was run with it!!
Each day was partnered with a short prompt and total creative licence was left to those who wished to participate. F
or example, one of the prompts was 'build a den'.....we chose to use the sandpit and created a little cave/den for the dinosaur toys and imaginative play followed from that. From the photos I saw that some people made dens in their lounge-rooms with sheets and doonas, other's made dens for their pony toys out of cardboard boxes. It was also fun to comment and encourage, and receive the same from others and a great way to get new ideas for future activities.
However, at the end of January I discovered that this particular photo challenge was just set up for that month and I felt my heart sink a little as it meant I now had to come up with ideas myself!!!
This got me thinking......perhaps I should start MY OWN instagram activity/photo challenge?? People can join in as they please and creative ideas can be viewed via hashtagged images.
A good idea? I think so!!!!



(January's photo challenge images.)



No comments:

Post a Comment